Saturday, July 4, 2009

GVA Here We Come

Ok so here we go! This is my first blog. The reason I decided to do this is to chronicle a new chapter in my life. HOME SCHOOL!! (cue ominous music)

I am using the K-12 curriculum through the public school system. Which means I'm not the teacher, I am the "coach". I admit it I am completely intimidated by the thought of teaching a curriculum all by myself, all alone with no guidance, with no one there to catch me when, not if, I fall. For all of you brave moms out there who do, bless your heart! Big "worlds greatest mom award" to you! I unwilling and unable. (at least now anyway)

I found K12/GVA completely by accident online. I trying it for the first time for the 2009/2010 school year. It looks like it will suit our needs perfectly. I like the idea of my child working at her own pace. Pixie is a smart girl, she's made straight A's throughout. I just feel like she can work at an accelerated pace. Her last school was great, but the pixie needs more than what a traditional school can offer. I want more for her as well. I want her education to be exciting and interesting and most of all I want to be hands on, and all in!!
I fully expect to succeed sometimes and other times to fall flat on my face. I intend to try my best! I'll take it with a grain of salt, and keep a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash